Our July 50/50 is a battle of the babies!
Here’s your chance to put some cash back in your own pocket while supporting a great charity.
The pot could go as high as $20,000!
1) Pick your favourite ticket sales baby (Miro or XingXing) to purchase your tickets through.
2) Check back often to see how your baby is in the ranks and grab more tickets for more chances to win!
* Must be 18 years old or older and a resident of Alberta.
* Winner will be announced on July 31st, 2020.
the ZOO REOPENed JUNE 15th!
We are so excited to let everyone know that Edmonton Valley Zoo reopened to the public on June 15th. It is essential to recognize that this reopening is not business as usual. The Edmonton Valley Zoo has implemented modifications to ensure the health and safety of visitors and employees in compliance with public health orders and guidelines.
Among others, these modifications include:
- One-way traffic around the zoo to facilitate distancing and minimize interactions;
- Advance timed tickets only, sold online, with a daily attendance limit of 50% of standard capacity (1,500);
- While most outdoor areas of the zoo will be open, indoor habitats may be closed or will have one-way access;
- There will be limited food service, and rides will remain closed;
- There will be two-meter markings on pathways, and at animal viewing locations visitors are asked to observe;
- Dedicated staff will be trained to monitor guests and help maintain safe distancing guidelines;
- Signage or barriers will be in place to enforce physical distancing guidelines and hygiene protocols; and
- Guest will find increased hand sanitizer locations, including at the entry, exit, and at various locations throughout the zoo.
We look forward to seeing you soon! Stay healthy friends!
The Valley Zoo Development Society, like most charities, raises money from events and donations. We are blessed with operational revenue that pays our administration costs – the Zootique at the Edmonton Valley Zoo. This allows us to donate 100 per cent of money raised to our mandate and our campaigns. With the cancellation of events due to COVID-19 and an uncertain economic future, charities are faced with pausing campaigns and have no charitable or operational revenue coming in. The VZDS has closed the Zootique and cancelled our immediate events. We understand that now is a time to support each other and do everything to stop the spread of this disease. We know we are not alone in our current quandary and we know that many worthwhile charities are struggling and need your support. We are working on a plan to address our unique situation and will update you as we go.
In the meantime, we have created exciting new offerings— such as our Carousel Colouring Book, National Geographic Readers, and more— that may help our donors provide gifts to loved ones through the mail; to provide activities for small children; or share educational content for school aged children, all while helping out the Valley Zoo Development Society.
Thank you for your continued support.
HELP BUILD OUR ZOO!
It is through today’s zoos that future generations will come to a greater understanding of the human impact on the natural world and be motivated to preserve it and reverse the damage already done. Every donation, big or small, helps us revitalize our beloved Edmonton Valley Zoo! Thank you for caring for the animals, our children’s future and the planet!