*PLEASE NOTE: ZOOBUILDER EXPERIENCES ARE CURRENTLY ON HOLD AT THE REQUEST OF OUR ZOOKEEPERS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUPPORT THE ZOOBUILDER EXPERIENCE, PLEASE CONSIDER MAKING A DONATION A DIFFERENT WAY OR CHECK BACK AGAIN SOON. *
Grab your family or a group of friends and bring them on a ZooBuilder adventure at the Edmonton Valley Zoo!
When you donate through the ZooBuilder Program, you directly support the revitalization and upgrades being made to the Edmonton Valley Zoo. Your generosity not only helps improve the homes of the wonderful animals at the zoo but ensures future generations of Edmonton families will be able to enjoy the zoo as well! The Valley Zoo Development Society cannot thank you enough for your generosity!
CHOOSING A ZOOBUILDER PROGRAM
CARNIVORES: Get up close with tigers, wolves, snow leopards, lynx, and otters. Tour the carnivore area, watch a training session with the carnivore zookeeper, and provide enrichment to one of the carnivores OR participate in an otter feed!
SEALS: Tour behind-the-scenes of Polar Extremes, participate in a training session, and provide enrichment to the seals!
HOOFSTOCK: Get up close with reindeer, camels, and takin. Meet the reindeer and Ambrosia the Bactrian Camel, then help provide enrichment to the takins!
BIRDS OF PREY: Tour behind-the-scenes with some of our large birds of prey like the owls, or eagles!
PANDAS: Tour behind-the-scenes in the Red Panda building. Watch the zookeepers train/feed the pandas from the small north yard. After the panda’s feed, enrichment will be set up in the yard. If time allows, the zookeeper may arrange a side trip to Makira Outpost, where you can watch the zookeeper feed the lemurs grapes and participate in enrichment on the island.
ZOOKEEPER’S CHOICE: Can’t decide?! Let the Zookeeper choose what they’d like to show you during your encounter.
ZooBuilder experiences are between 60-90 minutes long.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
This experience is for a maximum of 4 people.
CHOOSING A DATE
Please pick 3 dates that could work for you. We require a minimum of four weeks’ advance notice of your three preferred dates to ensure that the zoo has a zookeeper available to lead your experience. To make your experience separate from regular visits, your visit may be set before or after regular zoo business hours on that day. Please note that due to COVID, you will not be able to come inside keeper areas or the yard.
- Proof of vaccination is required to book.
- Participants will meet the ZooBuilder Experience Leader at the Zootique store.
- A Pre-visit screening may be required, including temperature check and hand-sanitizing.
- Participants MUST wear their masks and any other required PPE during their visit and when near the animals.
- There will be no touching or feeding any of the animals unless the zookeeper on the shift agrees. The participant will wear gloves if allowed to feed an animal or handle an enrichment in the yard.
- When doing behind-the-scenes tours, the participants will not be allowed to touch anything in the area. Alternatively, you may be asked to wear gloves when going behind-the-scenes.
- Children can participate in the encounter; however, they must be accompanied by an adult. Safety is the number one priority, and the keeper has to make sure guests and animals are safe. Encounters are more enjoyable for older kids, as younger kids require more caution for the keeper and adult.
- Photographs ARE allowed.
If you have any allergies you feel we should be aware of, please list them so we can better accommodate you during your visit. We want to make your encounter as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Please let us know if you have any special requests while you are enjoying your encounter. Special requests include things like planning a proposal, birthday surprises, etc. Please note that while we cannot grant every request made, we do our best to make your dream a reality.
For your donation of $500.00 through the ZooBuilder 4 Person Encounter, you will receive a tax receipt for $370.00.