The Valley Zoo Development Society is constantly in need of volunteers to help with fundraising events, to fill Board positions, and more. Whether it’s short-term or long-term volunteer opportunities you are looking for, the Valley Zoo Development Society would welcome the help. Scroll through our current volunteer opportunities, Ark Project Volunteer Opportunities, Board Positions, Ambassadorships, and Zoo Positions to find one that is right for you!
VZDS & ARK PROJECT EVENTS
The Edmonton Valley Zoo Development Society and the Ark Project hosts multiple fun events throughout the year. Our current volunteer opportunities are listed on Edmonton Volunteers!, so click the link below to find a position that’s right for you and come join in the fun!
Remember to check often, as volunteer opportunities are updated regularly. If you are looking to participate in a specific event, volunteer opportunities for Zoominesence and Animal Attraction are posted at the end of October/November of each year, while ZooBrew and summer opportunities are listed starting at the end of April/May.
VOLUNTEER ENDOWMENT FUND DEVELOPER
The Valley Zoo Development Society (VZDS) is seeking an experienced Endowment Fund Developer volunteer to develop and implement an endowment fund as part of a capital campaign as well as increase opportunities for sustained operational funding.
VZDS is a registered charity and not-for-profit organization committed to raising funds and awareness for the Valley Zoo. Since 1988, the VZDS has acted in partnership with the City of Edmonton to ensure the continued development of this treasured local facility.
Reporting to the VZDS Board, the Endowment Fund Developer will:
- create and implement an overall endowment fund development strategy
- develop a framework for major individual and planned giving donors
- assist in developing and implementing a capital campaign
The key role of the Endowment Fund Developer is to improve the revenue of the VDZS. The candidate will engage in a team approach and thereby strengthen our organization’s capacity as a whole.
- develop, implement, and operate an endowment campaign
- develop and maintain a donor data base
- ensure community and funder relationships are developed, enhanced, and nurtured
- ensure that all reporting requirements are met
- experience developing, implementing, and operation of a successful endowment campaign
- demonstrated abilities in strategic planning and problem solving
- proven abilities to work as a team player and to facilitate and mobilize support
- demonstrated, well-developed influencing, negotiating and sales skills
- ability to meet deadlines
- strong writing, presentation, and networking skills
- an understanding of budgets and financial reporting
- fully literate in Word, Excel, and one or more fundraising database program
- outgoing, inclusive, and welcoming in nature
- resourceful, motivated, and energetic
For more information, please call: 780-496-6924
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AT THE ZOO
The Edmonton Valley Zoo has a ton of fun and interactive volunteer opportunities, from assisting with zoo events, to becoming a zookeepers assistant, to being an education ambassador, to their Special Event Volunteer Program, Volunteer Education Ambassador Program (adults), Zoo Aide Program (adults),
Junior Urban Farmer Program, and Daycamp Volunteer Programs. If you would like to volunteer at the Edmonton Valley Zoo, visit the City of Edmonton’s Volunteer page to find out how to apply.
HELP BUILD OUR ZOO!
It is through today’s zoos that future generations will come to a greater understanding of the human impact on the natural world and be motivated to preserve it and reverse the damage already done. Every donation, big or small, helps us revitalize our beloved Edmonton Valley Zoo! Thank you for caring for the animals, our children’s future and the planet!