WORK WITH US
Looking for a job that is fun and rewarding? The Valley Zoo Development Society’s mission is to raise funds and promote awareness to ensure the continued development of the Edmonton Valley Zoo. This is achieved through the events and various programs that the VZDS runs throughout the year. Each year the Valley Zoo Development Society donates thousands to the Edmonton Valley Zoo for development and continual improvement. Recently the VZDS has committed to raising over $9 million dollars to fund the Natures Wild Back Yard portion of the Valley Zoo Revitalization project. If you would like to be a part of our team and help us reach our goal, apply for one of the jobs listed below.
Title: Corporate Account Coordinator, Sponsorship
Job Type: Permanent part-time, three days a week, with opportunities to expand.
Reports To: The Executive Director. Works closely with the Major Gifts / Capital Campaign Director
Responsible for new business development and strategic relationship management of corporate sponsors, which includes a diverse set of clients totaling revenue accountability of a minimum of $150,000 annually.
The Corporate Account Coordinator is responsible for securing new corporate sponsorships through strategic sales, prospecting, and relationship management, as well as managing, developing, and stewardship of an existing portfolio of corporate sponsors.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Grow target market, via development of pipeline, to increase market presence for both potential sponsor and the Edmonton Valley Zoo.
- Achieve sales goals, as set by the organization that drives increased sponsorship revenue for the Valley Zoo Development Society.
- Negotiate and fulfill new business sponsorship agreements through a collaborative strategy to acquire new sponsors.
- Build new and multi-year strategic relationships through a collaborative approach to align sponsor objectives with Edmonton Valley Zoo and Valley Zoo Development Society products and programming in order to provide exceptional experiences.
- Create and present proposals through cross collaboration with potential sponsors that delivers on mutually beneficial objectives.
- Create post analysis evaluations; reporting back to sponsors on results of their event or program participation.
- Be an advocate for the sponsor and an advocate of VZDS with the sponsor, balancing priorities while being a creative problem solver.
- Exhibit/Asset Sponsorship (AAE)
- Event Sponsorship
- Educational/Conservation Programming Sponsorship
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of co-operative marketing, developing strategic accounts and sponsorship sales strategies are required.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels with sponsors/clients including senior management and executive decision makers, demonstrating track record of exceeding sale performance annually.
- Direct sales experience (lead generation) and understanding of the sales process is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Commerce, Public Relations, Marketing or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Exceptional communication, use of CRM software and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
Benefits & Compensation
This position offers a benefits, competitive compensation in an unparalleled environment at a treasured city facility.
How to Apply
Email your resume, portfolio, and cover letter to our Executive Director, Tammy Wiebe at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Campaign & Major Gift Fund Development
Job Type: Contract
Return Date: April 1, 2020 by 4:30 p.m.
Request for Proposal: Instructions to Bidders
The Valley Zoo Development Society (VZDS) is a registered charitable organization which raises funds for and promotes awareness to ensure the continued development of the Edmonton Valley Zoo. VZDS raises funds through the events, various programs, grants and private donations.
This constitutes a Request for Proposal (RFP), which specifies the VZDS’ requirements for contract services for Campaign and Major Gift Fund Development Services. All pricing information should be fully disclosed with all charges clearly defined. Please feel free to address any additional services not specifically mentioned in this RFP that may be of potential benefit to the VZDS. We ask that proposals include previous Campaign experience and outcomes, suggested contract rate, and current knowledge of the VZDS and the Edmonton Valley Zoo, and Zoos in North America. Examples of materials used or for this campaign will also be considered an asset to your application.
All inquiries regarding this RFP can be emailed to:
Tammy Wiebe, Executive Director
Valley Zoo Developmental Society
The objective in this RFP is to select an individual to provide contract services to the VZDS in the area of fundraising, specifically capital campaign & major gifts. The individual selected will be asked to provide the following services:
- Project Deliverables
- Create and launch a campaign to raise $200,000 annually for three years to subsidize the cost of school programs and trips by Edmonton Area Schools to the Edmonton Valley Zoo (The Education/Conservation Campaign).
- Review and Update the Capital Campaign plan for Nature’s Wild Backyard Phase II; prepare supplementary fundraising documents, and devise a strategic approach; including specific goals for dollars raised, milestones, solicitation strategies.
- Create a Major Gifts program for the Valley Zoo Development Society; including specific goals, milestones, structure and timelines. Should Nature’s Wild Backyard Phase II not be approved this fall, this campaign will take precedence.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director, with direct engagement with the Board of Directors, and will be responsible for donor acquisition and retention with a philanthropic portfolio of accounts to manage and steward. Working independently, this role will generate and manage portfolio of major gift prospects and donors and will encourage and seek philanthropic support for key fundraising priorities including upcoming capital campaigns, annual priority campaigns, and major gifts. Target for 2020 is $200,000 and preparing a capital campaign that will bring in approximately $1 million annually starting in 2021
To be considered a candidate for the provision of audit services for the Valley Zoo Development Society, bidders must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, CFRE would be an asset.
- Proven leadership and mentoring of fund development staff.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels with sponsors/clients, senior management and decision makers.
- Demonstrated track record of exceeding fundraising targets.
- Major Gift or Capital Campaign experience.
- Exceptional communication, use of CRM software and time management skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Be current with respect to legislation relevant to the operation of not- for-profit
The following are specific services required:
- Onsite presence 2 days a week minimum.
- Attendance at monthly board meetings.
- Develops an in depth understanding of Valley Zoo Development Society’s key fundraising priorities.
- Create a campaign to support Educational Programming initiatives at the Edmonton Valley Zoo through the Valley Zoo Development Society’s 2020-2022 Education Campaign.
- Formulate, recommend and implement cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship strategies to secure gifts from the prospects portfolio.
- Manage the launch of the Capital Campaign for Nature’s Wild Back Yard II.
- In the event of delay of the Capital Campaign; participate in the development and implementation of new initiatives and the creation of a Major Gifts Campaign.
- Generate significant revenue annually in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. (Targets set in Campaign documents, by successful applicant).
- Develop customized strategies and plans to identify, cultivate, engage, solicit and steward donors and prospects within the portfolio.
- Attends Face to Face visits with major donors and prospects alone and/or in combination with other strategic partners such as board members or management.
- Implements strategy for projects to generate gifts for priority initiatives with input and assistance from other team members; prepare other correspondences as required.
- Through personal visits, identifies and qualifies individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interests in providing special and major gift support to society.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Conduct prospecting activities to identify and qualify prospects to further build the giving pipeline for the Valley Zoo Development Society.
- Participate in the society’s CRM, file timely and appropriate contact reports, recording of proposals, etc.
- Undertake in-depth analysis of complex problems/issues, articulate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Present solicitation proposals to potential donors.
- Identify, cultivates and solicits planned gift prospects and stewards know planned gift donors. Participates in and assist with donor recognition, stewardship activities, special events, alumni and appropriate campus activities.
- Represent the Valley Zoo Development society within the external community and facilitate relationships.
- Utilize superior writing and editing skills to develop brochures, correspondence, funding proposals and related communications.
Proposal Contents and Format
Following criteria are to be included in the proposal:
- Individual’s experience working within the not-for-profit sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise related to the not-for-profit sector; familiarity and previous experience with the Valley Zoo Development Society, if any;
- Capital Campaign experience, success and proposed approach;
- Major Gift experience, success and proposed approach;
- Education campaign experience, if any;
- Conservation campaign experience, if any;
- References in the form of name and contact information of two not- for-profit organizations for whom the individual has performed work within the last two years; and
- Fee structure for
Basis of Awarding
Proposals will be received and evaluated in confidence by the Executive Director and Hiring Committee, and assessed on the basis of the criteria listed under Proposal Contents and Format. An interview may be requested.
A contract will be signed with the contractor who, based on an evaluation of all responses, applying all criteria and oral interviews (if performed), is determined to be the best qualified to perform the services, and best qualified to deliver the best value package of deliverables.
The right is reserved, as the Valley Zoo Development Society may require, to waive any defects or all informalities in any proposal, to reject any or all proposals, to take any or all proposals under advisement or to accept any proposal as may be deemed to be in the Valley Zoo Development Society’s best interest in meeting the standards of quality, price and value (“best” proposal).
Submission of Proposal
Proposals can be submitted in writing in a sealed envelope to:
Valley Zoo Development Society
c/o Tammy Wiebe
Or, dropped off in a sealed, clearly labelled envelope at the Zootique at the Edmonton Valley Zoo (13315 Buena Vista Road, Edmonton.)
Alternatively, proposals can be emailed to email@example.com.
The Valley Zoo Development Society reserves the right to accept any proposal submitted. It is anticipated that the successful bidder will be notified no later than April 1, 2020.
It is anticipated that the successful bidder be notified no later than March 15th, 2020 and that the Valley Zoo Development Society will finalize and execute a contract with the successful bidder shortly after that time.
Termination of Contract
The Valley Zoo Development Society reserves the right to terminate the agreement with thirty (30) days written notice to the applicant subject to the following:
- The individual fails to perform in accordance with specified service requirements as outlined in the RFP;
- The individual fails to provide any product or service as specified in the agreement without written explanation; and
- The applicant otherwise violates the provisions of the RFP to a significant
HELP BUILD OUR ZOO!
It is through today’s zoos that future generations will come to a greater understanding of the human impact on the natural world and be motivated to preserve it and reverse the damage already done. Every donation, big or small, helps us revitalize our beloved Edmonton Valley Zoo! Thank you for caring for the animals, our children’s future and the planet!