WORK WITH US
Looking for a job that is fun and rewarding? The Valley Zoo Development Society’s mission is to raise funds and promote awareness to ensure the continued development of the Edmonton Valley Zoo. This is achieved through the events and various programs that the VZDS runs throughout the year. Each year the Valley Zoo Development Society donates thousands to the Edmonton Valley Zoo for development and continual improvement. Recently the VZDS has committed to raising over $9 million dollars to fund the Natures Wild Back Yard portion of the Valley Zoo Revitalization project. If you would like to be a part of our team and help us reach our goal, apply for one of the jobs listed below.
Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Start Date: When Filled / Immediate
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Reports To: Executive Director
Administer all donations and relatioships relevant to the VZDS’s Sponsorship programs, including;
- The Adopt an Exhibit sponsorship program
- Zoo Brew and Zoominescence event sponsorships
- Upcoming major installation and onsite events
- Other sponsorship opportunities that arrive
This includes the following tasks related to each sponsorship program, including:
- Manage existing portfolio of sponsorships
- Research, review, analyze and approach potential sponsors
- Coordinate fulfillment of sponsorship assets and agreements
- Entering and/or updating donor database records
- Process one time donations or setting up monthly donations given by credit card, electronic fund transfer or through our online system, Canada Helps
- Prepare thank you letters and tax receipts, and year-end tax receipts for monthly donors Respond, prepare and expedite sponsorship packages to donors and board members
- Manage and update the sponsorship and donor mailing label lists
- Provide month-end reports as required
- Maintain organized file system of both electronic and hard copy materials relevant to sponsorship programs and events
- Work with City of Edmonton Communications and VZDS social media to recognize and recruit sponsorships
- Assist with implementation of renewal campaigns
- Collaborate to organize virtual and/or in-person sponsorship appreciation events
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as marketing, partnership marking, business administration or fundraising.
- Proven sponsorship or sales track record
- 3+ years sponsorship experience or 5+ office administration experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to prioritize
- Superior organizational and record-keeping skills
- Respect for maintaining donor confidentiality
- Ability to work flexibly as the job requires
- Energetic self-starter and team player, networking skills an asset
- Understanding of social media platforms and effective use
- Familiarity with donor database management systems and the importance of data integrity
Other duties may be assigned as the position evolves. These duties would be discussed and agreed to by both parties.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we will be unable to respond to all candidates, but will reach out to those selected for an interview within two weeks.
HELP BUILD OUR ZOO!
It is through today’s zoos that future generations will come to a greater understanding of the human impact on the natural world and be motivated to preserve it and reverse the damage already done. Every donation, big or small, helps us revitalize our beloved Edmonton Valley Zoo! Thank you for caring for the animals, our children’s future and the planet!